January 2021 updated
At Escape Adventures we want to ensure the health and safety of our riders, Coaches and our community. We have implemented strategies that comply with provincial and local health authorities’ guidelines. We look forward to spending time on bikes with your rider, exploring the trails and building their bike skills.
We have modified our practices for interacting safely with our riders, their families, our Coaches and community. We will continue to make modifications as needed.
- Physically distancing will be maintained during camp, at arrival and departure, 2m or 2 bike lengths
- We have reduced our coach to rider ratio to 1:4 for The Rippers and 1:5 for The Shore Shredders, Spoke Sisters, Extreme Riders and Adventure Camps
- We will be asking daily if riders and staff have
- loss of smell or taste
- difficulty breathing
- fatigue – decreased appetite/low energy/behaviour change.
- On Day 1, we will also ask
- Have you been out of the country in the last 14 day?
- Have you been in contact with anyone with COVID-19?
- Riders and staff with any of these symptoms or circumstances will be requested to stay home
- Each camp will check in at a separate location at Upper Lynn Elementary’s field
- Arrival of camp participants will be spaced appropriately
- Parents must leave the field, on a daily basis, immediately after drop off; administrative staff will verbally request parents to leave, if necessary
- Hand sanitizer will be carried by Coaches. To be used at arrival, before and after eating, and before and after bathroom breaks; handwashing is best, when possible
- If a Coach is required to be within 2m of a rider, they will wear gloves and both rider and Coach will wear masks. (Coach places mask on self first, then gloves, and then mask on rider)
- Waivers and registrations must be completed online
- For this season, we are not renting armour or full-face helmets.
- Hand Sanitizer – Triton – approved by Health Canada
- Surface Disinfectant, GermoSolve – approved by Health Canada
- If a camp must be cancelled due to COVID-19, families will receive a full refund