Please bring your child’s bike to your local bike shop to be inspected before your week at bike camp. A bike that is in good working order will create a more positive experience for your child. If your child’s bike is not functioning well, they may not be able to participate.
- All bolts are tight related to handlebars, stem, seat, seat post, pedals, cranks.
- Gears shift smoothly, derailleurs, cables and housing are in sound working condition and chain is lubed
- Brakes work properly, levers, cables, housing and brake pads are functioning well
- Wheels are reasonably true with spokes in one piece and tight. Tires have good tread and sufficient air pressure. Wheel nuts and/or quick releases are appropriately tight and angled correctly
- Frame and fork are solid and aligned
- Your helmet fits properly and the shell and foam are intact
- Please bring a spare bike tube
We recommend a bike tune up atleast a week prior to the start of their camp. Bike shops can be busy, especially in the summer.
We also suggest the shop check the bike fit of your child’s bike. If the bike is too small, they will have to work harder. If it is too big, they will struggle to get the bike moving and maintaining balance.
Bike Tune Ups Available at:
….and many other North Vancouver bike shops.
Escape Adventures knows that bikes are expensive. If a new bike is needed, North Vancouver has some super bike shops, some that have buy back programs, but we also suggest looking at North Shore Sports Swap, Pinkbike , searching Craig’s List.
The better the running order of your child’s bike, the more positive experience your rider will have with Escape Adventures.